I am finally down to the backstitch on my Mother Fairy and Child. Unfortunately, I ran into a problem. The picture, and all other pictures I’ve found online show the wings to be outlined in a light purple color. The chart calls for Kreinik #4 Braid, colour 25, which is a dark grey. Not only does it look very different that way, it looks terrible. So I’ve been busy trying to find a Kreinik that works. I ordered one from 1-2-3 Stitch that I thought might look good, but it isn’t going to work. So I’ve stuck it in my stash, knowing I’ll eventually have a use for it, and ordered a different colour. The last one was Blue Zircon. This time, I ordered Lilac. Hopefully, that one will look about right, and I can at long last finish the piece.
It’s finally finished! I started it July 25th, and finished it March 12th. There were some months I could not work on it, though, hence it taking so long to complete it. My version of this piece is unique. I … Continue reading